SMART FARM INDIA PROJECT
Smart Farm Demonstration Project, Daspalla, Odisha
Our current demonstration project aims to develop an environmentally sustainable and commercially viable Smart Farm Model. This will reduce poverty amongst small food producers, by increasing productivity, crop diversity and mitigating the impact of climate change. Working with a number of partners, ths project integrates:
- Solar-tech cold storage to reduce food wastage by at least 10% and improve quality and marketability.
- Low-cost greenhouses to increase yields and manage limited water resources.
- Integrated water management and a fish farming project to build ecological capital and a sustainable water supply.
- Digital empowerment for the farming community through access to digital information systems to aid increased productivity and through digital awareness and training sessions.
- Improved access to markets through the development of local co-operatives, farm to table marketing strategies and simple food processing to uplift product values.