Are you keen to join our Walking for Water sponsored walk but can’t make it down to Bushy Park on 15th October?
Well we have good news for you… For the first time ever we are giving our wonderful supporters the opportunity to join a ‘virtual walking challenge’ instead.
We know how busy you all are and it’s not always easy to commit to a specific date to join in with fundraiser events. So we will be kicking off a 6 mile virtual challenge which you can take on whenever you like in October, wherever you like and however you like… with all of your sponsorship money going towards our water and sanitation projects in rural India.
The 6 mile virtual challenge can be anything you like, the only rules are :
- It has to be completed in the month of October
- It must cover the 6 mile distance which is the distance of our traditional ‘Walking for Water’ walk.
- It must be done in exchange for sponsorship money
We are sure you’ll come up with your own ideas for what your ‘6 mile challenge’ could be, but to get you started here are some of our ideas that you might want to consider :
- How about a 6 mile walk with your dog ?
- If you haven’t got a dog, then why not get your children involved?
- Or if you’re a keen runner or walker, how about taking on a real challenge by committing to run or walk the 6 mile distance in a set target time?
- How about 6 miles on the treadmill, rower or cross trainer in a set time?
- If you’re feeling really bold, then how about dancing for 6 miles instead of just walking?
- Following the bold theme, you could do the 6 miles in fancy dress… high heels are optional!
- How about emphasising the reason we’re doing this fundraiser and try completing the 6 miles whilst carrying a bucket of water?
- If you’re out of the country anytime throughout October, then you could try taking on the 6 miles in an exotic or unusual location?
- Finally why not walk the 6 miles at night?
The options are endless and we’re sure you’ll come up with your own ideas for how to complete the ‘6 mile challenge’… we’d love to hear what challenges you’re planning to take on!
All you have to do to take part is set up a ‘fundraising page’ on JustGiving linked to our Walking for Water campaign. You can do this easily by clicking here.
Then scroll down to the ‘be a fundraiser’ section and click on the orange ‘start fundraising’ button… you will then need to log in to your JustGiving account or set up an account (takes 30 seconds!) and then you can set up your page with the details of your personal challenge. Once your page is set up you then just need to share it with everybody you know to get some sponsorship money in.
We’re really excited about stepping into the world of ‘virtual fundraising’ and we would love as many of you as possible to join us on what could be our biggest ‘Walking for Water’ campaign yet.
We obviously want you to have fun and enjoy your ‘6 mile virtual challenge’ but it is important to remember that we’re doing this for a serious reason. Villagers in rural India living without access to safe, clean water and sanitation facilities is simply not acceptable in today’s world… by ‘walking for water’ we are showing the world that we want to put an end to it. For more information on our water and sanitation projects please take a look at our current projects page.
In the meantime, if you have any questions about how to get involved then please do get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.